Introduction to Process Safety for Undergraduates and Engineers 1st Edition by CCPS pdf.
Introduction to Process Safety for Undergraduates and Engineers 1st Edition by CCPS.
Purpose of this Handbook:
This book is intended to be used as reference material for either a stand-alone process safety course or as supplemental material for existing curricula. This book is not a technical book; rather, the intent of the material is to familiarize the student or an engineer new to process safety with:
- The concept of process safety management (PSM).
- The 20 elements of process safety defined by the Center for Chemical Process Safety (CCPS).
- The need for process safety as illustrated by examples of major process safety incidents that have occurred.
- Process safety tasks for other engineering disciplines.
- Process safety concerns with some selected unit operations.
- Show how various aspects of process safety have a direct tie-in to existing chemical engineering curricula.
- Describe the many tasks that can be expected of an engineer new to process safety with respect to process safety in their first few years on the job.
This primary audience for this publication is junior to graduate-level Chemical Engineering students and those entering the workforce and engineers new to process safety. However, since there are no technical pre-requisites recommended, it may also be used by other engineering disciplines at similar levels.
Download Introduction to Process Safety for Undergraduates and Engineers 1st Edition by CCPS in free pdf format.