Hillier’s fundamentals of motor vehicle technology Book 1 Sixth Edition pdf.
Hillier’s fundamentals of motor vehicle technology Book 1 Sixth Edition free pdf download.
1 Vehicle evolution, layout and structure
2 Engines and engine technology
3 Transmission systems
4 Chassis systems
5 Vehicle electric, safety and comfort systems
7 New vehicle technology and alternative fuels
Preface of Hillier’s fundamentals of motor vehicle technology Book 1 Sixth Edition book:
The first edition of this book was published in 1966 by V.A.W. Hillier. It was written in response to the need for a textbook covering the construction of motor vehicles and their components in a manner simple enough to be understood by young apprentices beginning their training as mechanics, and detailed enough to serve as a solid foundation for later work.
Now in its 6th edition and in full colour, Hillier’s Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology 6th Edition Book 1 continues this tradition by providing up-todate and straightforward information that spans the evolution of vehicle development from the ‘horseless carriage’ to the hybrid vehicles of today. Hillier’s text has been carefully updated by an expert team of authors at Calex UK. It maintains its authoritative, yet simple style and is now accompanied by colour photographs and illustrations as well as key terms and feature boxes to enhance your reading experience. Key terms are shaded to allow easy identifi cation of new terminology and feature boxes are included to highlight important concepts.
The structure of the book is easy to follow with seven chapters that clearly delineate the content, including a chapter on new vehicle technology and alternative fuels. In addition to the standard electrical systems, this book gives an overview of the advanced electronic control systems now used by today’s motor vehicles, providing the knowledge required to progress to more advanced detail in Hillier’s Fundamentals of Automotive Technology 6th Edition Book 2.
Keeping in tradition with its previous editions, the 6th edition is aimed at apprentices, trainees, practitioners, car enthusiasts and anyone curious about cars. It is structured thematically to cater for all audiences. However, for the fi rst time, there is online material available to support apprentice mechanics and tutors with the resources aligned to the current Level 2 and 3 IMI specifications.
For more than 45 years Hillier’s books have been assisting apprentices, enthusiasts and novices with the fundamentals of motor vehicle technology – this new edition will ensure that thousands more will benefi t from this accessible manual.
Hillier’s Fundamentals of Motor Vehicle Technology Book 1 provides:
– an updated structure and contents presenting coverage of current and developing technologies
– a new chapter on recently developed vehicle technology and alternative fuels
– hundreds of updated colour photos and illustrations
– feature boxes to highlight key concepts
– content aligned to and exceeding the requirements of the QCF Level 2
– Vehicle Maintenance and Repair qualifications.
- Troubleshooting and Repairing of Diesel Engines Fourth Edition by Paul Dempsey pdf free download
- A Practical Approach to Motor Vehicle Engineering and Maintenance, 3rd Edition by Allan Bonnick pdf free download
- Engine Testing Theory and Practice Third edition by A.J. Martyr, M.A. Plint pdf download
- Diesel Engine Transient Operation Principles of Operation and Simulation Analysis by Constantine D. Rakopoulos and Evangelos G. Giakoumis pdf download
- Download Advanced Direct Injection Combustion Engine Technologies and Development Volume 1, Gasoline and Gas Engines Edited By Hua Zhao free pdf
- Download How to Diagnose and Repair Automotive Electrical Systems by Tracy Martin free pdf
Download Hillier’s fundamentals of motor vehicle technology Book 1 Sixth Edition in free pdf format.