Electrical Pre-Apprenticeship and Workforce Development Manual, 1st Edition pdf.
Electrical Pre-Apprenticeship and Workforce Development Manual, 1st Edition free pdf download.
1 A Career in the Electrical Trade
2 Professional Behavior and Study Skills
4 Mathematics and the Metric System
5 Basic Concepts of Electricity and Magnetism
6 Electrical Theory
7 Introduction to the National Electrical Code (NEC)
10 Wiring Overview
11 Wiring Devices
12 Wiring Methods
13 Wiring Calculations
14 Wiring Requirements
15 Green Technology and the Electrical Industry
16 The Job Search
Workforce development for the electrical industry is a powerful mission for educators. Effective workforce development means that electricians are working competently and safely in a career that has the potential to provide them with financial security, and the public with functional, energy-saving, safe electrical systems. It is in this spirit that Independent Electrical Contractors Chesapeake, (IECC), Western Electrical Contractors Association, Inc. (WECA), and Cengage Learning joined together to develop a manual and educational guidelines for pre-apprenticeship programs that can make a contribution to workforce development.
Pre-apprenticeship programs are not for everyone. But in many cases, this type of program has the potential to set students up for success by enabling them to make more informed decisions about whether their capabilities and interests are a match with a career as an electrician, and to set them up for success by providing a solid foundation in core knowledge and skill sets related to a career in the electrical industry.
There is often confusion around what role pre-apprenticeship programs can play in the workforce development arena and about what learning objectives should be accomplished in this course of study. The goal of this publication is to clear up confusion on the roles that preapprentice ship programs can play and to provide guidance for implementation of an effective program when the need for pre-apprenticeship is evidenced.
Because the book’s subject matter experts, Keith Chitwood and Jim Deal, have over 69 years of combined experience in the field and/or as instructors, it is clear that this book was designed “by electricians for electricians.”1 The structure of this book is intended to be user friendly, and the tone is designed to be down-to-earth with regard to factoring in the real world of working in the electrical industry. Program administrators, instructors, and students will be the judges of how effectively the goal is accomplished and how well these intentions are communicated.
- Teach Yourself Electricity and Electronics Third Edition by Stan Gibilisco pdf free download
- A Textbook of Electrical Technology: Volume I basic electrical engineering In s.i. system of units pdf free download
- Numerical Modelling and Design of Electrical Machines and Devices by K. Hameyer and R, Belmans pdf free download
- Pro Arduino 1st Edition, by Rick Anderson, Dan Cervo pdf
- 92 Electrical Interview Questions & Answers free pdf download
- Modern Power Electronics and AC Drives by Bose free pdf download
- Circuit Simulation and Analysis Paperback by Saeid Moslehpour free pdf download
- Newnes Electrical Engineer’s Handbook by D.F. Warne free pdf download
- Occupational Injuries From Electrical Shock and Arc Flash Events pdf download
Download Electrical Pre-Apprenticeship and Workforce Development Manual, 1st edition “Developed by electricians for electricians” in free pdf format.