A Textbook of Electrical Technology: Volume I – IV 2005 Edition by B.L. Theraja and A.K. Theraja pdf.
A Textbook of Electrical Technology: Volume I basic electrical engineering In s.i. system of units pdf.
1. Electric Current and Ohm’s Law
2. DC Network Theorems
3. Work, Power and Energy
6. Magnetism and Electromagnetism
7. Electromagnetic Induction
8. Magnetic Hysteresis
9. Electrochemical Power Sources
10. Electrical Instruments and Measurements
11. A.C. Fundamentals
12. Complex Numbers
13. Series A.C. Circuits
14. Parallel A.C. Circuits
15. A.C. Network Analysis
16. A.C. Bridges
17. A.C. Filter Networks
18. Circle Diagrams
19. Polyphase Circuits
21. Fourier Series
23. Symmetrical Components
24. Introduction to Electrical Energy Generation
Preface to A Textbook of Electrical Technology Twenty-Third Revised Multicoloured Edition:
Authors feel happy to present to their esteemed readers this revised first multicoloured edition of Vol. I of “A Textbook of Electrical Technology”. To provide a comprehensive treatment of topics in ‘‘Basic Electrical Engineering’’ both for electrical as well as non-electrical students pursuing their studies in civil, mechanical, mining, textile, chemical, industrial, environmental, aerospace, electronic and computer engineering, information technology both at the Degree and Diploma level. Based on the suggestions received from our esteemed readers, both from India and abroad, the scope of the book has been enlarged according to their requirements.
Establishment of Technological Universities have taken place in recent past. This resulted into a pool of expert manpower within a large area. Unification of syllabi has taken place and the question papers set during the last 4-5 years have a wider variety and are of more inquisitive nature. Solutions to these with brief logical reasonings have been added for the benefit of our student community.
Many universities include a brief coverage on methods of “Electrical Power Generation”, in their first and basic paper on this subject. Hence, this revision includes an introductory chapter on this topic. It is earnestly hoped that with these extensive additions and revisions, this revised edition will prove even more useful to our numerous readers in developing more confidence while appearing at national competitive examinations.
Preface to A Textbook of Electrical Technology Twenty-second Edition:
The primary objective of Vol. I of A Textbook of Electrical Technology is to provide a comprehensive treatment of topics in ‘‘Basic Electrical Engineering’’ both for electrical as well as nonelectrical students pursuing their studies in civil, mechanical, mining, textile, chemical, industrial, environmental, aerospace, electronic and computer engineering both at the Degree and Diploma level. Based on the suggestions received from our esteemed readers, both from India and abroad, the scope of the book has been enlarged according to their requirements. Almost half the solved examples have been deleted and replaced by latest examination papers set upto 1994 in different engineering colleges and technical institutions in India and abroad.
Following major additions/changes have been made in the present edition :
1. Three new chapters entitled (a) A.C. Network Analysis (b) A.C. Filter Networks and (c) Fourier Series have been added thereby
widening the scope of the book.
2. The chapter on Network Theorems has been updated with the addition of Millman’s Theorem (as applicable to voltage and current
sources or both) and an article on Power Transfer Efficiency relating to Maximum Power Transfer Theorem.
3. The additions to the chapter on Capacitors include detailed articles on Transient Relations during Capacitor Charging and Discharging
Cycles and also the Charging and Discharging of a Capacitor with Initial Charge.
4. Chapter on Chemical Effects of Current has been thoroughly revised with the inclusion of Electronic Battery Chargers, Static Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) Systems, High Temperature Batteries, Secondary Hybrid Cells, Fuel Cells and Aircraft and Submarine Batteries.
5. A detailed description of Thermocouple Ammeter has been added to the chapter on Electrical Instruments.
6. The chapter on Series A.C. Circuits has been enriched with many articles such as Determination of Upper and Lower Half-power Frequencies, Value of Edge Frequencies and Relation between Resonant Power and Off-resonance Power.
It is earnestly hoped that with these extensive additions and revisions, the present edition will prove even more useful to our numerous readers than the earlier ones.
- 92 Electrical Interview Questions & Answers free pdf download
- A Textbook of Electrical Technology in S. I. Units Volume – IV Electronic Devices and Circuits By A.K.Theraja B.L. Theraja pdf download
- Ten Essential Skills for Electrical Engineers by Barry L. Dorr free pdf download
- Newnes Electrical Engineer’s Handbook by D.F. Warne free pdf download
- Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering 1st Edition by Charles A. Gross, Thaddeus A. Roppel pdf download
- Download Pocket Book of Electrical Engineering Formulas by Richard C. Dorf and Ronald J. Tallarida PDF
- Electrical Power Systems Technology Third Edition by Stephen W. Fardo and Dale R. Patrick pdf free download
Download A Textbook of Electrical Technology: Volume I basic electrical engineering In s.i. system of units pdf free download in free pdf format.