Modern Protective Structures “Civil and Environmental Engineering” 1st Edition by Theodor Krauthammer.
Abnormal loading on a facility or vehicle during a terrorist attack has become quite common in many parts of the world, and it directly impacts public safety. We have observed an increasing need to protect critical infrastructure facilities and systems against industrial explosive accidents, criminal activities, and social/subversive unrest. This problem may, in fact, exceed the reasons for hardening developments (i.e., military-sponsored work on fortifications). Careful attention must be devoted to typical modern civilian and military facilities and systems whose failure could severely disrupt the social and economic infrastructures of nations. Addressing such challenges requires special knowledge about existing capabilities and how to treat a wide range of threats. Homeland security and protective technology engineering, and staff at various R&D and safety and security organizations need to:
• know how to assess the risk associated with threats, hazards, and various explosive incidents
• have access to knowledge on how critical facilities behave under blast, shock, and impact loads
• know how to analyze and design various facilities to protect lives and property
• implement such knowledge for conducting effective rescue and recovery operations, and forensic investigations This book addresses a broad range of scientific and technical issues involved in mitigating the severe loading effects associated with blast, shock, and impact.
The content is based on the author’s 30-year involvement in cutting-edge research in this general field, and on his experience gained from teaching this subject in graduate courses and special training programs. It combines theoretical, numerical, and valuable practical information that can be incorporated effectively and immediately into a broad range of essential activities.
Other Books You May Also Like:
- Composite Construction in Steel and Concrete VI by Roberto T. Leon; Tiziano Perea; Gian Andrea Rassati; and Jorg Lange pdf download
- Design of Concrete Structures fourteenth edition by Arthur Nilson pdf download
- Steel Designers’ Manual 6th Edition pdf download
- Precast Concrete Structures Second Edition by Kim S.Elliott pdf download
- Structural Design of Steelwork to EN 1993 and EN 1994, Third Edition free pdf download
- Design of Structural Elements Third Edition By Chanakya Arya free pdf download
- Structural Vibration: Analysis and Damping 1st Edition by C. Beards free pdf download
- Concrete Construction Engineering Handbook Second Edition by Edward G. Nawy free pdf download
Download Modern Protective Structures “Civil and Environmental Engineering” 1st Edition by Theodor Krauthammer in pdf format for free.