Estimating in Building Construction 7th Edition By Frank R Dagostino.
Estimating in Building Construction 7th Edition By Frank R Dagostino free pdf download.
The seventh edition continues to build on the strong foundation of the previous editions. The need for estimators to understand the theory behind quantification is critical and must be fully understood prior to performing any computerized estimating. This underlying premise has been one of the guiding principles that began with Mr. Dagostino and continues with the current author.
This edition uses extensive examples and exercises to demonstrate methodology and to the organization of the estimate. Estimating is an art that relies heavily on the judgment of the person performing the takeoff. A person’s estimating skills can only be developed with practice; therefore, the reader is encouraged to work the example problems and apply the skills taught in this book. Since the estimate is used throughout the project, the assumptions and methodologies assumed must be documented and organized so that subsequent users will have access to this knowledge.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
The intent of this revision is to expand the estimating material covered by this book and to bring other material in line with current industry practices. The following is a list of key changes and additions that have been made to this edition: The discussion of the different types of estimates (e.g., square foot and parametric estimates) has been expanded in Chapter 1.
➦A chapter discussing the project comparison method, square-foot estimating, and assembly estimating has been added at the end of the book as Chapter 21.
➦The term “specifications” has been replaced with “project manual” when referring to the book that accompanies the plans and includes the contract documents and other information as well as the technical specifications.
➦The term “specifications” is used to refer to the technical specification. This was done to be consistent with practices of the Construction Specifications Institute.
➦A chapter providing an overview of the use of computers in construction estimating has been added as Chapter 5.
➦A discussion of how to determine labor burden has been added to Chapter 7 (formerly Chapter 6).
➦A discussion of how to determine labor productivity has been added to Chapter 7 (formerly Chapter 6).
➦The term “work hour” has been replaced with the more commonly used term “labor hour” throughout the book.
➦The use of published estimating data, such as RS Means, has been added to Chapters 7 and 21.
Other related books for you
- Project Management in Construction By Dennis Lock
- Fundamentals of Construction Estimating Third Edition by David J. Pratt
- Project Scheduling Handbook 1st Edition by Jonathan F. Hutching
- An Introduction to EXCEL for Civil Engineers From engineering theory to Excel practice
- Engineering Drawing from First Principles Using AutoCAD 1st Edition by Dennis E. Maguire
- Estimating Building Costs for the Residential and Light Commercial Construction Professional, 2nd Edition by Wayne J. Del Pico free pdf download
- Estimating and Tendering for Construction Work, Third Edition, by Martin Brook free pdf download
- BIM Design Realising the Creative Potential of Building Information Modelling 1st Edition by Richard Garber pdf download
- Design of Structural Elements Third Edition By Chanakya Arya free pdf download
- Residential Construction Academy – Basic Principles for Construction 3rd Edition by Mark Huth free pdf download
- Project Risk Management: A Practical Implementation Approach by Michael M. Bissonette free pdf download
- RSMeans Illustrated Construction Dictionary Student Edition by RSMeans free pdf download
- The Engineer’s Cost Handbook Tools for Managing Project Costs Edited by Richard E. Westney, P.E free pdf download
Download Estimating in Building Construction 7th Edition By Frank R Dagostino in free pdf format.