Automotive Technician Training by Tom Denton.
Introduction to Automotive Technician Training Book
the purpose of this worksheet book is to provide a range of practical activities that will enable you to develop your abilities as a technician. The tasks are aligned with recognized vocational qualications. However, there are far more tasks within this workbook than are required by the awarding body for the achievement of a Vocationally Recognized qualication – because the more you practice, the more skills you will develop. The worksheets are presented as three separate books at Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 to follow the recognized qualications. Within each level, there are tasks for the major automotive areas: Engines, Chassis, Transmission, and Electrical.
The tasks range from component identication to removal and ret at Level 1 and 2, and diagnosis of complex system faults at Level 3. A blank job card and assessor report are provided with each worksheet. This should be copied and then lled in alongside the task you are completing, including all relevant details regarding the vehicle, the fault and the rectication procedure where appropriate.
You should write down a description of the work that you did to complete the task including any technical data that you sourced, any diculties that you encountered and how you overcame them. If you had any health and safety issues to address, i.e. disposal of waste materials or clearing up spillages, this will help demonstrate your competence. By completing job cards thoroughly at this stage of your career as a technician, you will be well prepared for the time when you are required to complete job cards in the workplace. This can be very important, for example, if a warranty job card is not accurate then the manufacturer will not pay for the claim.
An example of a completed job card is shown on page 7. For teachers/lecturers, this workbook more than covers the requirements for Vocational Qualications. Using the following teaching document you can note progress and also cross-reference the highlighted worksheets that directly relate to the awarding body required practical tasks.
Automotive Technician Training by Tom Denton | Engineering Books.
👇👇You May Also Like👇👇:
- Advanced Automotive Fault Diagnosis Second edition by Tom Denton free pdf download
- Download How to use Automotive Diagnostic Scanners by Tracy Martin in free pdf format
- Download How to Diagnose and Repair Automotive Electrical Systems by Tracy Martin free pdf
- Automotive Suspension & Steering Systems Fifth Edition by Don Knowles pdf download
- Automobile Electrical and Electronic Systems Fifth Edition By Tom Denton pdf download
- Download Understanding Automotive Electronics An Engineering Perspective Seventh Edition by William B. Ribbens Free Pdf
- Vehicle and Automotive Engineering by Karoly Jarmai and Betti Bollo free pdf download
- Automotive Ergonomics Driver Vehicle Interaction by Nikolaos Gkikas free pdf download
- Automobile Electrical and Electronic Systems Fourth Edition (Automotive Technology: Vehicle Maintenance and Repair) by Tom Denton
- Bosch Automotive Handbook 1st Edition by Bosch in free pdf format
- Automotive Detailing: A Complete Car Guide for Auto Enthusiasts and Detailing Professionals by Don Taylor free pdf download
Download Automotive Technician Training by Tom Denton in PDF Format For Free.